<#INCLUDE filename="include_head.html"> <#INCLUDE filename="include_header.html"> <#INCLUDE filename="include_menu.html" restriction="IsValidSession">

What is ILLiad?

ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request Resource Sharing items not available through OneSearch. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database.

How do I submit a Resource Sharing request?

Log on to our ILLiad Resource Sharing system with your HVCC username and password. First-time users will need to complete a one-time registration form.

  1. Once logged in, click on "New Requests" in the menu bar.
  2. Select the type of material you are requesting: article, book, or DVD.
  3. Complete the request form with as much information as possible regarding your desired material. Fields marked (required) must be completed to process your request.
  4. Click submit at the bottom of the form.

You will be notified via email when your Resource Sharing request arrives, or if we have questions about your request.

Why do I need to log in to make a request?

Only current HVCC students and employees are eligible to use Resource Sharing services. Your login verifies that you are a current HVCC student or employee, and provides security for your account. Additionally, all Resource Sharing requests are received and processed electronically. This allows us to provide quick and efficient service.

Can I request an HVCC book that is checked out?

Yes. If an item is checked out in OneSearch, you can request that item in our ILLiad Resource Sharing system.

Can I request a textbook?

No. Resource Sharing service are intended to be a short-term transactions to help patrons obtain materials not available locally. If we determine that your request is for a textbook, we will contact you and cancel the request per our Resource Sharing policy. Textbooks for many HVCC classes are on reserve at the First Floor Service Desk in the Library, for building use only and due back before the building closes. To view a list of textbooks on reserve, please visit the Library's Textbooks on Reserve page. Textbooks may also be rented or purchased from the Viking's Cove bookstore.

How do I get my articles when they arrive? What if I receive an article that is incomplete or unreadable?

Use the following steps to access your article(s):

  1. Logon to the ILLiad Resource Sharing system.
  2. The Electronically Received Article section appears at the top of the page. Articles in this section are waiting to be viewed or downloaded.
  3. Click on View to open the article.
  4. You have 30 days to do one or all of the following: view, print, and/or save the pdf.

If your article is incomplete or is unreadable, let us know via email at library-resource-sharing@hvcc.edu. Please include your full name, Transaction Number (TN) of the request, and what is wrong with the article so we may contact the lending library.

How do I renew a Resource Sharing loan?

You can contact us at library-resource-sharing@hvcc.edu. or (518) 629-7387 to renew your item(s).

Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?

From time to time, we purge older records from ILLiad. Our practice is to keep request information online for several years, to comply with recordkeeping requirements of the copyright law.

What Web browser should I use?

You need a Web browser that can handle forms, tables, and preferably Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). We recommend the current versions of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.

Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?

The technology that we use sends a Session ID to be stored on your computer. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems. To view Hudson Valley Community College's Privacy Policy please click here.

Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about Resource Sharing?

You can contact Resource Sharing staff by email at library-resource-sharing@hvcc.edu or by phone at (518) 629-7387. Please include your name, contact info, and any questions/issue you have. We will do our best to get back to you within one business day.

<#INCLUDE filename="include_footer.html">