- How do I submit a Resource Sharing request?
- Why do I need to log in to make a request?
- Why can't I log into my ILLiad account?
- What if I forget my HVCC Username and/or password?
- How do I renew a Resource Sharing loan?
- What if I receive an incomplete or unreadable copy?
- Can a non-HVCC user use Resource Sharing services?
- Can I request an HVCC book that's checked out?
- Can I request a textbook?
- How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about Resource Sharing?
How do I submit a Resource Sharing request?
Log on to our Resource Sharing system ILLiad with your HVCC Username and Password. First-time users will need to complete a one-time registration form.
- Choose the type of material you are requesting under "Submit Request" on the left column.
- Complete the request form with as much information as possible regarding your desired material. Fields with a red star are required to process your request.
- Click submit at the bottom of the form.
You will be notified when your Resource Sharing request arrives or if we have questions about your request.
Why do I need to log in to make a request?
Your logon verifies that you are eligible to use Resource Sharing services, and it provides security for your account. Additionally, we handle all Resource Sharing requests electronically, which allows us to serve you more rapidly and accurately.
Why can't I log into my ILLiad account?
Dwight Marvin Library uses campus usernames (j.staff, m.faculty3, etc.) and passwords for ILLiad.
How do I renew a Resource Sharing loan?
Call us at (518) 629-7387 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I receive an incomplete or unreadable copy?
If the pages are unreadable, some are missing, or you receive the wrong article contact the Resource Sharing office. Call us at (518) 629-7387 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your full name, Transaction Number of the request, and what is wrong with the article so we contact the lending library.
Can a non-HVCC user use Resource Sharing services?
No. Please contact your local public library for this service.
Can I request an HVCC book that's checked out?
Can I request a textbook?
No. Resource Sharing does not borrow textbooks from other libraries. Resource Sharing is intended to be a short-term transaction to aid patrons in obtaining material not available locally. For this reason, it is our policy not to process requests for textbooks. Textbooks may be purchased or rented from the campus bookstore. Your textbook may be on reserve and available for building-only use at the First Floor Service Desk in the Library. To view a list of textbooks on reserve: https://libguides.hvcc.edu/reservetextbooks
How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- Logon to ILLiad.
- The Electronically Received Article section appears at the top of the page. Articles in this section are waiting to be viewed or downloaded.
- Click on the icon under View to open the article.
- You have 30 days to do one or all of the following: view, print, and/or save the pdf.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about Resource Sharing?
Contact the Resource Sharing Office with questions. Call us at (518) 629-7387 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.